We are a Holy Spirit empowered, non-government, non-political, non-profit, faith based humanitarian organization preaching the gospel of our LORD JESUS CHRIST to bring a Revival of God’s kingdom Glory, love, purposes and destinies to individuals, families, communities and nations at large, whereby whoever believes will have a revival of broken relationship with God and enjoy eternity with Jesus Christ.
We are rooted in ISAIAH 61 as our God given guiding bible chapter to accomplish our mission on earth.
Our ministry is a very special, family-like, lovely, lively and multi-cultural community. We have a broad and diverse congregation both in terms of its focus and membership.
In the world today, we see many people living their lives trying to heal from past wounds and scars and have not moved into the realm of blessings ordained for them, because they have been stripped by circumstances, situations, and the enemy of our souls. The truth is that each one of us encounters failed plans, misery, and even tragedy. We break down. We can be broken by circumstances, by poor relationships, by physical trials, and even by the consequences of our own actions. Then we begin to feel like we’ve been kicked in the gut so hard and so often that we are just a shell, a faint shadow, of what we used to be. We feel isolated and alone. No one seems to care and no one is able to rescue us from our sea of despair. This intense pain paralyzes our hearts, enslaves our every thought, and robs us of the joy of life that once brought us pleasure. And in the end we lose Joy, life, Peace, Love, Trust and Confidence.
Therefore as a result of a fervent desire to move from death and broken lives to abundant life, God spoke to Pastor Joseph Kiyimba in 2003 about the task God wants him to do. As Moses’ life was birthed from an intense calling from God to lead people’s lives out of captivity to the promised land, and just as God chose the appropriate leader for His people in the days of old, He designed a man that would love and care for his flock as Moses did to his brothers in Egypt that he tended. God impressed in his spirit to begin a ministry that would minister to the wholeness of man (spirit, soul, and body) which is based in ISAIAH 61. Out of obedience to God, and a desire to see the kingdom of God expand, Pastor Joseph gave birth to the vision on January 07, 2008 and the LORD’S REVIVAL MINISTRIES was born.
The Ministry begun as a small home independent fellowship in Mutungo 6, a suburb of Kampala Capital city, of Uganda, with an initial congregation of 10 members which grew by 2008, and as God continued to add his people, the church also started on June 08, 2008.
LORM is registered and incorporated with government of Uganda (INDR117122992NB) under the Non-Governmental Organizations Registration Act, 2009.
To be A Holy Spirit empowered ministry preaching the gospel of our LORD JESUS CHRIST to bring a Revival of God’s kingdom Glory, Love, purposes and destinies to individuals, families, communities to become men and women of influence.
To see people live a Holy, loving, fruitful and Blessed lives and sit on the seven mountain of influence for the God’s glory.
WHY THE NAME LORD’S REVIVAL
This name was as a result of the Holy Spirit inspiration to Pastor Joseph because it represented at least three areas of the vision:
(a) It reflects our firm belief in the former, present and future Glory of JESUS CHRIST in that He came to bring about a “revival of all things” that the devil had stolen from out Father God’s kingdom. (Isaiah61:1-11, Joel 2:25-26, Acts 3:21). Yes we believe He did it and he is still in the revival business. The souls of men is the business God.
(b) It portrays our mission to proclaim the good news to the poor (in spirit and physical) where by whoever believes will have a revival of his relationship with God and to enjoy his eternity with Jesus Christ. (John 3:16)
(c) It reflects our concern that there are many who live life trying to heal from past wounds and scars because they have been stripped by circumstances, situations, and the enemy of their souls and hurt by institutional religions and are in need of restoration in their fellowship with God and their fellow Christians.
LORM programs are premised on the following objectives:
- To preach the gospel of our LORD JESUS CHRIST in its fullness according to the bible and bring a revival of God’s Kingdom Glory, purposes and destinies to individuals, families, communities and all nations, Through Crusades, Seminars, Missions, Conventions, Evangelistic societies, bible schools, Radios, Televisions, Films in order to reach the un reached.
- To promote the REVIVAL of Apostolic signs, miracles and wonders for God’s glory
- To train believers in the art and science of spiritual warfare; thus making them an aggressive and victorious army for the Lord JESUS CHRIST
- To train believers to receive Holy Ghost baptism and fire as well as a daily walk and relationship with the Holy Spirit
- To implement poverty eradication programs and provides employment opportunities to the communities.
- To encourage the youths to work and avoid violent gangs
- To establish, maintain, operate, manage, construct, promote, develop church branches, Schools, institutions or Universities, Hospitals/Medical Centers, Media Centers including, Television stations, Radio stations and other subsidiary companies.
- To assist communities and individuals with them to attain a measure of permanent emancipation from poverty, diseases and ignorance, through the provision of training opportunities in appropriate skills and technology and shape them in the fear of God so that they can become responsible citizens
In LORM we want to reflect the following seven core values and attitudes as foundational ministry pillars:
- Transformation, The governing factor in all of LORM is the Lordship of Jesus Christ over his people and his Lordship is discerned through the study of His word in an attitude of Joy and acknowledging Christ’s Lordship over all
- Courage & Perseverance: in an attitude of patience, faith and hope
- Unity: The desired atmosphere in our assemblies will be a spirit of accepting one another in Christ so that we can work out doctrines and practice them in an attitude of love, peace, self-control, grace and compassion understanding that While we are all diverse in many ways, we have one thing in common and our unity is in our relationship to Christ Jesus.
- Stewardship: We will seek to practice faith and generosity with our finances in the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. With no building to keep up, the finances can go to ministry support, the spread of the gospel and the needy in our midst.in an attitude of faithfulness, gratitude and servant hood
- Collaboration: We will hold that there is no distinction between rich or poor; educated and illiterate race or color, but that all in Christ are priests to God and offer spiritual sacrifices to Him. We all bear a responsibility in building up the body of Christ.in an attitude of kindness, goodness and mutual respect
- Excellence: The chief commitment we will have in LORM is the goal of Christ-likeness in every aspect of our conduct. Humility before other believers will be an important factor in growing in Christ likeness an attitude of gentleness, humility, acknowledging that we are all image bearers of God
- Integrity: Our discipleship of others will consist in modeling the life of Jesus Christ, not just telling it. We will strive to live in such a way that we can truly say, “Imitate me as I imitate Jesus Christ.”in an attitude of transparency, openness and trustworthiness
LIFE STRATEGIC APPROACH
- L eading people to Jesus Christ
- I ntegrating them into His body the Church through relationship
- F ellowshipping with one another in the Lord Jesus Christ
- E quipping people to fulfill their God’s ordained purposes, in the plan of God for His Church